Friday, April 22, 2011

Perfect Boy Embellishments

Hi everyone. Belinda here again today with three boy layouts. I thought I would show how absolutely perfect Purple Pumpkin embellishments are for boy layouts. Sometimes I find it a little challenging embellishing boy layouts. I really have to stop and think about what I am adding to the layout instead of just grabbing the flower jar and scattering them across the page.

So now when I am stuck and wondering what to add to my boy layouts I grab my container of Purple Pumpkin products and they are the perfect addition to finish off my layouts nicely.

Onto the layouts...

...This first layout is one I completed for the Get Picky April Sketch Challenge. The photos are of my son William dressed up as a green tree frog at the SA Museum. So out came everything green in my stash and this is what I came up with...



...The little frog on a lilypad button could not have been more perfect for this layout. I have applied Crushed Olive Distress Ink to the edge of it using a blending tool to give the button more definition on my layout. (I didn't want it to get lost in the sea of green!!) I also inked the edge of the spotty green button in the top left corner. For the green fabric lollipop flower, I grabbed my Tim Holtz Scratching Tool and just frayed the edges a bit. The funny thing is I haven't used that tool since the day I got it but now I have discovered the ideal use for it, I think I will keep using it!!

...This second layout features two photos of my son holding a tiny kitten at the school. The colours in the photos inspired me to give this layout a vintage feel and so I chose my embellishments accordingly...



...So I have clustered a few different Purple Pumpkin embellishments in vintage colours together. At the bottom right of the photos I have layered together a doily, a hessian lollipop flower and a blue spotty button. Diagonally opposite, I have grouped together a felt flower, another blue and white button and a little teddy bear button. The Purple Pumpkin embellishments all work so well together and coordinate perfectly.

...and here is my 'First Stack' layout featuring a photo of my 4yo after he had fallen off his bike for the first time on Christmas Day. The first thing he said was "I didn't hurt myself". How cute...



...and here is just a little close up of the buttons...



...I LOVE that stop sign button so much and I even found some My Mind's Eye pattern paper in my stash that matched it perfectly. I have also used a spotty blue button and a felt flower button.

Well that's all from me. Make sure you stay tuned to the blog for some more inspiration from the design team girls. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter!!

See you soon.
Belinda

6 comments:

~KellyJosephine~ said...

Very nice I don't get to do many boy layouts these are really cute! kelly

jacque4u2c said...

Awesome boy layouts!

Unknown said...

WOW Belinda..just awesome boy inspiration!! I struggle too but you have made this look so easy! Thanks heaps hun :))xx

Alison said...

Fabulous boy inspiration Belinda - I agree Purple Pumpkin buttons are perfect for boys!

Anne P said...

Totally adorable Belinda, LOVe the prince charming one and also the 'stack' one. Love your colours as well.

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time
to be happy. I have learn this submit and if I may just
I want to recommend you some fascinating things or advice.
Maybe you can write next articles relating to this article.
I want to read even more things approximately it!
Feel free to visit my page ; 1theflexbelt.com