Thursday, April 14, 2011

Focusing on XL Buttons - Melinda

Hello ladies :))

Well how excited am I to be part of such a fabulous & inspiring Design Team and to be posting my first blog post!! I have always been a HUGE fan of Sam's gorgeous creations, from just about the start.  You will find just about every layout I do, I always reach for my PP embellishments to add..I reckon they always finish it off.

Hope you all have been enjoying the latest creations from the DT....I know I sure have and there will be definitely heaps more :))

Today I am going to show you how special and unique PP's buttons are.  Especially the XL ones.  As soon as I received my DT pack and saw this gorgeous Panda Bear button, I instantly knew what I was going to scrap about and how I was going to use it.



Do you have moments in your life that you have a story you want to record but no photos or no suitable photos to scrap with?? I have plenty but this was definitely a moment in our lives that I wanted to remember.  When you have a child that swallows money ($2) and realise, they need help, the last thing I thought about was my camera, plus I had a screaming, hungry newborn!!! But its something that happened in my little boys life that I wanted to record.

So without waffling on anymore, I wanted the Panda Bear XL button (mine is in red) to be the focal point of the layout.  Here is what I created:

That Moment.....



How gorgeous is that button...really suited my layout I think! This is only one example on how to use them...there are a zillion more...no rules to scrapping remember!


Thanks so much for stopping by and any comments left.  Hopefully I have somewhat inspired you to get those XL buttons out and put them to good use or to purchase some at the next SALE!! Remember to check back each day...there will be something inspiring for you from each member of the DT right up until the week before the sale!

Happy Scrapping :))
Min xx

4 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Oh Min this is just stunning and there isn't a photo. I love the journaling on the tape and the red button is perfect for those colors. Well done and you have inspired me to scrap those special stories that don't have a photo. Thanks

Anne P said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous. Love how the red just pops off the page. Stunning.

Belinda said...

Absolutely beautiful Melinda and that button looks just perfect on your LO. Your journalling certainly sounds familiar too!! My daughter swallowed a hairclip at 18mths and started coughing up blood. A moment of terror for me that's for sure!

Hayles said...

Wow , so beautful Melinda. Love the colours and I so adore those XL Buttons myself!