Sunday, April 24, 2011

Layering Embellishments - Hayles

Well I hope everyone is having a fabulous Easter!! It was an early rise for me this morning with two VERY excited kiddies.

So today I will be sharing one of my favourite embellishing techniques which is layering( I created this page from a Creative scrappers sketch). Firstly I have used the XL Panda bear ( he is sooooo cute) which I have layered on top of a scalloped circle, it just makes it pop of the page a bit more especially if you have a light pp background. Sam had these Pandas in a few colours last sale plus many more variations in the XL button, including spotty buttons.



Secondly the spotty buttons which definitely can be used on ANY page looks great on top of the smaller doily which I have done on the flower I handmade using the circle scallop punch and also have used the doily and spotty button combo again in the upper left corner.





Because I didn’t have a doily small enough in the pink I actually just cut the centre out of a larger doily and next post will share how you can use that leftover piece.

5 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your embellishments are wonderful. I plan on creating some layouts soon since I usually work on cards.

Nati Tristan said...

This looks just way too precious! The color combos and everything! Wonderful!

Kim said...

I love your LO! The layering is something I need to work on better:)
~Kim

~KellyJosephine~ said...

Can your layouts get any cuter, um I dont' know these are so cute and yummy makes you want to take a bite! lol! Kelly

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love this!!!
Everything is just perfect ;0)