Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Not too Scary :) - Sarah G

Hi, Sarah here. I'd like to share with you today a page that I did using photos of my little kids trick or treating on Halloween.

 
 
They didn't really look very scary so I stayed away from Halloween themed papers and instead made my own background elements to set the scene. Now I have to confess that in a moment of weakness I bought a Silhouette Cameo die cut machine (they had an incredible deal with free shipping at Studio Calico and I just couldn't resist). I am still learning how to use it , and this page is one of my first 'Cameo' pages. I cut out the spider web design from strong cardstock and used it as a mask to spray white spray ink through onto my black background. I am really excited by the result and can't wait to make some more of my own 'masks' using die cuts! The word 'scary' in my title is also a cameo die-cut.
I chose to use bright coloured papers for the rest of my page (Echo Park 'For the Record 2'). These colours really made my photos 'pop' and matched with the colours that my kids are wearing in the pictures. Benji insisted on being a Pirate and I think he really thought that he looked scary:) but he was way too cute. Sophie had planned on being a witch this year but when the time came to dress up the call of that fairy dress and wings proved too strong and she decided to be a fairy for the 5th year in a row - adorable!
Now for the Purple Pumpkin goodies - and they really do add the perfect touches to this page.
Check out those cute buttons - pirate and ghost. They match my theme perfectly and are so cute!
 

 
The gorgeous black net flower is also from PP and I thought that is added a feminine touch to the page but was still in keeping with the 'Halloween' theme. PP washi tape comes in all colours and designs. There is sure to be a roll to match any themed page!
Have a great week wherever you are, and try to find time for a little craft along the way. If you are looking for a challenge check out our November sketch challenge - you could win a great prize!

2 comments:

Jo Baker said...

Great layout Sarah and good on you for working out what your Cameo can do. I confess to having owned a digital die cutting machine for some time and am still slack at using it to it's full potential. Love that little ghost button - soooo cute!

Ella Swan said...

LOVE your masking here!! Looks great!!