Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Sunshine

My Sunshine #46
 
Hi, Sarah here. Today I want to share with you a page that is very special to me. I have been doing a few 11 1/2 x 8" pages recently. Sometimes it is refreshing to try something a little different from your usual.
The photo of Sophie was taken on the day that we scattered my dads ashes back home in the UK. When he passed away in 2009 in New Zealand I knew that he would want his ashes taken back to England to be laid with the rest of his family who had passed before him. This year we finally made the trip. The photo was taken at the Carmountside Garden of Remembrance which is a really beautiful place. Sophie looks so pretty in her favourite purple clothes with the yellow spring flowers in the grass behind her. This was a really difficult topic to scrap about, as you can imagine and I had been avoiding it for many months. I am really glad that I did it though and my children now have this memory for the future.
I used some older October Afternoon products for this page. The cute birdie card is also from OA.
The purple spotty button and the gorgeous butterfly flare button are from Purple Pumpkin. Check out this close up.
These PP buttons really are great to add that special touch, or splash of colour to bring a page together.
Since my journaling for this one is obviously quite personal so I tucked it away in a pocket on the back of the page. Each of my 6 kids who range in age from 3 to 22 wrote 3 memories that they had of times shared with grandpa. I hope that they will  treasure this page and that it will bring back happy memories of their grandpa who we miss every day.
Have a great week everyone - and thanks for visiting our blog.

:) Sarah G
 

5 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Sweet layout Sarah! SHe's a cutie!!

Ella Swan said...

Sweet layout Sarah! SHe's a cutie!!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout Sarah

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Adorable!!!! Love it!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful Sarah! Love your misting!