Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Passport photo shoot by Judith

Morning everyone. Thankfully today is a lot cooler here in Victoria after a run of 6 days over 30C.

Today I have a layout to share with you which was for a challenge which involved using no patterned paper and to use washi tape.

At one time I think I would have found this difficult to do but today with the mass abundance of washi tape and other non paper embellishments it is easy.
I began by stamping a gridded background stamp around where my photos were to do and then flicked some red and black ink/mist. I had all these ideas of doing stripes of washi tape but when I put a frame of washi tape around my photos I thought that looked good as it was. I added a couple of strips of washi tape to the top corner. I also stuck some washi tape to some white cardstock and used some die cuts to produce the chevron shape and the star under the button. A couple of Purple Pumpkin embellishments finished it off a treat.


Here's some close ups. Here I used a clown fabric button.


And here I used a pirate button round.



You can find loads of different rolls of washi tape here in the Purple Pumpkin Shop.
 Why don't you challenge yourself to create a layout using them?

No comments: