Thursday, February 28, 2013

Miss Independent Layout by Helen Tilbury






Hello there Purple Pumpkin fans!  HELEN here again to share this layout with you, created for the Crate Challenge 'Love Red'.  Well this year is all about using up my huge stash so I loved hauling out my folder full of Crate Paper & digging about for some RED.


Just look at all that delicious Purple Pumpkin WASHI TAPE.  You can purchase some of that for yourself HERE.  The Purple Pumpkin store is CHOCKABLOCK FULL of a gigantic variety of washi at an excellent price!  All your washi needs fulfilled in one place!!


This year I've also dug out my old Dymo & what a blast I am having with it!  Gives my pages a kind of retro feel I think!  More washi there under the title at the top - do you see it?  Hearts and all....yum...


I have lots and lots of little bits of paper & various half-filled sticker sheets from Crate Paper so this challenge was a great way to get me to use up a little pile of it on this page.  When faced with lots of off-cuts LAYERING is the key - just tuck in all those bits!  Then add a piece of torn washi - yes TORN looks best.  Like you did it in a rush!!  {A bit like Kate Moss with her hairdo}


I used an XL picture button available HERE. I tied my journaling in with it by talking about my daughter buying her first pot plant :)  See that lovely red splotch up in the left hand corner?  Want to achieve a nice SPLAT like that?!  Then put your layout on the FLOOR, stand over it, unscrew the cap of your mist (after giving it a light shake) then flick the wand down towards your paper & you will get a light smattering of mist & hopefully a nice splat or two as well.

I hope you enjoyed my page.  If you would like to visit my blog you can find it HERE.  




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Helen!

Dolly B said...

Love the Red and the touch of green, gorgeous layout

Mary

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

I like the joy around the page, in the colors and in her smile.

Lili Sulastri said...

Such a sweet layout. Isn't it wonderful to be able to use up the leftovers?