Monday, February 4, 2013

First computer build by Judith


Good morning. I hope you' had a good weekend. I managed to get some scrapping done yesterday and came up with this layout for the Scrapabilities Sketch #84.

My teenage son is very much into computers and saved all his money to buy some components to build a computer. He had watched all the YouTube videos etc and it only took him a couple of hours to put it all together, if that, and everything worked fine. (Much to our relief).
He actually wanted me to take some photos! I had a play around in Picasa and altered the 4 below using the Holga-ish effect. I ended up using no patterned paper on this one. I wanted to keep it fairly neutral and then add a few pops of colour. So I have used some Little Yellow Bicycle silver cog lace cut cardstock form the Generation collection, some ancient silver Pink Paislee rubons and some silver washers. For my colour I used some Purple Pumpkin embellishments.



 Each set consisted of a vinyl cog, a spotty button and a flag using washi tape and I found some appropriate word stickers. Here I used a large green cog, a green spotty button  and some green grid washi tape.


Here is a red vinyl cog, a XL red starry button and some red stripe washi.



 Finally, I used a small blue vinyl cog, a mini blue spotty button and some blue starry washi.



I hope you enjoyed my layout. Have a fun filled week!

Judith  xx

2 comments:

Jimjams said...

Love the pops of colour against the neutral background. Pinning to remind myself of this great colourway!

Pam said...

Your son is very talented! The photos and layout are great and I love the pops of color!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com