Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cheeky Smirk by Judith


Good morning. Running a little late today as life seems to be very hectic at the moment. DH starts a new job tomorrow so hopefully we will be able to get back into a routine then.
Today I have a layout to share with you of my son. The photo I have used is one I only recently discovered on a CD from many years ago which also held missing photos of my sons 6th birthday party. (He is now 16!). This layout features one of my favourite colour combinations - red and black. I have used a giant playing card which I received in a recent Purple Pumpkin boy goodie bag. I cut the card up to make it even bigger, strategically placing pieces of patterned paper over the gaps/joins. This is a good tip for making things go further.


Here are some close ups of my clusters using some Purple Pumpkin goodies.
In this one I used a black vinyl cog and a pirate felt round.

  In this cluster I have used 2 types of washi tape, a black vinyl heart and a red spotty button.

All for now. Don't forget to join in with our sketch challenge.

Judithxx

3 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Awesome LO! Love red and black together. Thanks for sharing the clever idea for making things a bit bigger to fit. Never thought to do that. :)

Sandra said...

wow Judith this looks great and I love red, black and white so I was really drawn to this layout.

Sandra said...

wow Judith this looks great and I love red, black and white so I was really drawn to this layout.