Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Faire trade" by Helen Tilbury

Hello there Purple Pumpkin fans! 
Helen here with a layout
I did for the current challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch.

"Faire trade"

I used the beautiful ‘Portfolio’ papers from Pink Paislee
to document the love I have for my two teenage sons.


I’m determined to use more of my tools this year so I’ve
Pulled out my old Dymo, which gives a great look to male
Layouts.


Often people say they don’t want their children to grow up,
But it’s a wonderful process to witness & I am so proud of
My boys, who are growing up into awesome men!


I did some quick stencilling with a paint dabber as I think
It always makes layouts look more artistic with at least one
Medium involved & paint dabbers are a minimal mess solution J



I clustered all my Purple Pumpkin goodies together, using a
Giant ruffle flower, XL fabric button, smaller button, doily
(which I cut up and frayed), a resin rose, felt flower (see the
Blue peeking out to the right) & that really lovely grey tulle flower.


Just check out the awesome texture all those Purple Pumpkin
Goodies create!  Fabric based embellishments are always best
For that.  If you look along the top & bottom edges of my
Page you’ll see that I also used some Purple Pumpkin washi
Tape (a long strip going right across the page – that I tore into
2 as I think a torn strip looks so much more shabby than an uncut one).



Lastly, here is a peek at the lovely Portfolio paper – ‘Remarkable’
It’s called.  I used a beautiful, intricately laser-cut piece of Scrapmatts
Chipboard on this page too (originally it was a full-circle but I cut it
Down so that I could place it at the side of my page).  I painted it
Grey at first, with lots of lumpy texture by splodging it on thickly,
Then I added some gesso & sponged on some red paint then
Inked the inner & outer edges with black ink before finishing off
With a layer of Ranger Crackle accents. 
I hope you like my page!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Vicky an amazing masculine layout and your boys certainly look like young men to be proud of.