Thursday, November 3, 2011

Purple Pumpkin Doily Fun!!! :)

Hello everyone! I'd like to share with you all one of my latest layouts using NO patterned paper! This is my DT layout for Get Picky's latest challenge where you need to use FABRIC! What a fantastic excuse (not that I really need one!) to rip into my Purple Pumpkin Doily stash!!!


My layout is called (Make a Wish) Blow the Dandelion! :D A fun childhood activity calls for a fun layout! I've also used the most adorable quote: "Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them." - A.A. Milne. I thought it to be so apt, seeing as dandelions are in actual fact, weeds, but they are well-loved by children for this very activity! :D


I absolutely LOVE the bright, funky colours all the Purple Pumpkin doilies come in! I've used doilies whole, and chopped some up too into a kind of banner under my large photo. Lots of fun - plus you can get a bit more mileage out of your doilies when they are chopped up!!!


I've used Kraft cardstock and I've used a big painter's brush to dry brush Dulux Metallic Effects onto it. This really gives a rich deep look that I don't think I've ever before acheived. It looks lovely in real life!

TFL & I hope I you all have a lovely day! :D

4 comments:

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Chantal you did an outstanding job!!!!! I love this!!!!
Hugs!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you Vicky! :D
xo

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous layout Chantal! Very brave cutting up those doilies lol! But how fantastic they look, beautiful photos! Love the Stamp too! Take careX:)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you Annette! xo