Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthday To You....

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday Purple Pumpkin and to William too!!!

Yes my baby boy is turning 5 tomorrow (and he is off to school. Sob Sob!!)so I thought I would make a birthday card using some Oct Afternoon Rocket Age along with the best PP robot button, blue bubble button and some yellow and white twine. Oh and I absolutely LOVED Anne Patterson's idea of using bottletops as a base for the buttons so I have done that for the bubble button...


...Oh and I used a film strip which I covered with pattern paper and cut up. You can see I have added it along the right hand side of the card and along the bottom at the front.

...Here's a couple of close ups...



...Now onto a couple of layouts!!...

...I recently had my order of October Afternoon Rocket Age arrive and couldn't wait to play with it. Fortunately there are heaps of amazing PP embellies that coordinate with it perfectly including these: red and white spotty button, the brand spanking new denim and felt flowers, red and white twine and of course the little spaceship button...


...Here are the close ups of all the fabo PP embellies...




...This last layout is one I created using Palette #65 over at The Color Room. I have used a blue floral PP button tucked into the bottom cluster of embellies...


...and here is a close up of the gorgeous blue floral PP button...


Thanks so much for visiting the blog. I spy with my little eye 3 entries already for the July sketch!! Can't wait to see some more!!

Cheers
Belinda

4 comments:

amanda73 said...

oh wow, love the card and layouts ....i will definitely steal the idea of putting buttons on bottle caps too, love that idea

shirley said...

Awesome card and layouts Belinda!
Love the use of the bottle cap too...looks very effective here on your LO.

Alanna said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

You always do such gorgeous work Belinda!! Love these so much ! :))xx