Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why so Sad ? (Sarah G)



It is my turn to post on the Purple Pumpkin DT blog today. Here is my page. It is one that I made for the current October Afternoon 9 to 5 challenge. I managed to get my hands on the 9 to 5 collection last week (thanks Scrappin Patch!) and couldn't wait to start using it. I think it is one of my favourite OA lines to date!
Don't the Purple Pumpkin buttons, doilies and flowers complement this range perfectly? I had a lot of fun spraying and dribbling my background. then I cut irregular squares and rectangles from the 9 to 5 paper and made a grid around where my photo was to go. When I had adhered all the pieces of patterned paper I dry brushed white gesso over the whole area to blend it all together. I mounted my photo with a Heidi Swapp 'Polaroid' frame and tied some Purple Pumpkin bakers twine around the bottom. I made my banner from punched circles folded in half and threaded onto string. The red and denim polka dot flower and the two fabric buttons (both Purple Pumpkin ofcourse!) really complemented the other embellishments well.
Oh, and I had some close-up photos for you but I can't find my memory card anywhere this morning - I think one of my older boys must have 'borrowed it - grrrrrr!
As for the photo - I have no idea why Benji was looking so sad that day, but I'm very glad I took that photo! His eyes look so blue the way the light was reflecting from them.
Have a great day everyone - hope my page inspires you to get out your stash and have a wee play :))

No comments: