Tuesday, January 8, 2013

'Bruvvies' Layout by Helen Tilbury




Hello there!  HELEN here again with a layout about my 2 teenage sons.
They have a love/hate relationship like most siblings but when it comes
down to the wire they are always there for each other & loyal to the core.
I used some Purple Pumpkin doilies, which I inked with dark brown ink
to grunge them up a bit.  I also used 4 fabric buttons & a 'round' flower that
I mounted onto a Purple Pumpkin doily die-cut circle, to create my own 
unique embellishment. 
I clustered the fabric buttons & doilies together with some metal findings,
 flowers and die-cuts.  Push the buttons under some of the items too so 
that you create some different, interesting partial circle shapes too!
I painted the central area of my layout with gesso before I began placing
my elements.  I love the vignette effect that it created.  I use an old credit
card instead of a paint brush.  Cheaper, less clean up & a better effect too!
See the punched strip across the bottom of the photo?  That is actually ALSO from Purple Pumpkin!  It's a film strip die-cut that I cut up and used as a punched strip instead.  I added some Burnt Sienna and Dark Brown ink to it for a more 3D look.  

Don't forget to play along with our January sketch this month & have a lovely day!



6 comments:

Sandra said...

Fabulous layout for your boys Helen.

Наталья Тарасова said...

Очень красиво..насыщенно!

Sandie said...

Gorgeous Helen, love the products!

Elaine coustley said...

Great layout . Love the flowers looks really good. I also like your backgrounding I'm giving that method ago myself. x

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Ohhhhhhh....fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx

Ella Swan said...

Thank you so much ladies!! So glad you like it & would love to see your background Elaine :)