Friday, August 10, 2012

Grade One


Hello everyone - Sarah here. Its my turn to share a post with you today :)
On Wednesday my little girl did her grade 1 ballet exam. She looked so cute all dressed up and ready to dance. She was a little nervous but after she had done the exam she said that it was 'awesome'.
I wanted to use several photos to remend her of all the preparation that went into her big day. I chose my favourite photo of Sophie as the focal photo and several small supporting shots that I have scattered around the edges of the page.
The paper line that I used is mainly the awesome Amy Tangerine 'Sketchbook' collection from American Craft with a little Echo Park thrown in! I inked and masked my background paper using chipboard hearts as masks and yellow glimmer mist.
The Purple Pumpkin embellishments that I've used are the yellow doily (well half of it actually I have the other half back in my stash for a futute page!), the yellow ticket, that gorgeous satin flower and ofcourse the buttons! Just look at that ballerina button - it could have been made specially for this page! I finished off my page with a big white tulle bow and some doodling around the perimeter of the page and photos.
Thanks for looking at my page and hope you have a great day with lots of time to craft!!

:))Sarah