Thursday, June 6, 2013

'Summer' Layout by Helen Tilbury





Hello again Purple Pumpkin fans!  
Helen here with a layout share that went up at Scrapmatts last month, 
where we were required to limit our colour palette to black, white & yellow.  


I used a couple of lovely yellow resin roses on this layout - see them there along the tear line?  They come in an assorted pack available HERE & are ever so handy.


I also used lots of little strips of yellow washi tape that I tore into strips.  I find that tearing makes the washi look more artistic on a layout like this & if you are worried about it lifting what I do is coat the whole area with a thin layer of gel medium applied with a thick paint-brush as that works as a sealer.


You can buy the washi tape HERE at a really reasonable cost & don't forget about the washi stacks too, where you get 3 co-ordinating rolls for $5 HERE.  If you want to see more close-ups or find out any more about my layout I'll have it up on my blog soon so come & visit if you like HERE!

Hope you get your washi on soon too!  Cheers!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great colour combo and those resin flowers look great!!

Tina said...

Seriously Helen! How do you keep creating such amazing layouts!

Unknown said...

Great LO Helen, loving the yellow!!

Jingle said...

This is a GORGEOUS layout! I love the colors!