Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting "griddy" with it! :)

Hello everyone! Chantal with you today! I trust you all have had a lovely Easter break? :)

Today I have two layouts to share with you. First up, I'd like to show you my latest DT layout for the challenge blog, Scrap For Help.

Basically all you have to do incorporate buttons in your project. I love using buttons, so this challenge was easy-peasy. I decided to cover some chippie hearts in buttons and use them as cute embellishments for my layout. And here it is...


I had done a cute little "interview" with Heidi... with quite hilarious results last year. I've been wanting to use this info for a while... and tah-dah! Now I have! :)

Closie time!


I love how my button hearts turned out. These were actually very old BasicGrey adhesive chipboard hearts (with zero adhesive after the backing was peeled I might add... oh yeah - they are THAT old!), so I'd painted these hearts pink, glued pink buttons on them, layered some modge podge on top and I had some paint on my fingers so I just wiped some of that over the top of the buttons... LOL!

Did you spy that cute li'l spotty button? That's the mother of all the buttons and it's from Purple Pumpkin of course. ;)

I did that black and white border on my layout by using a paint pen, then fingerpainting white paint dots around it.

I really enjoy using a grid-like format, it's super-fun and if you haven't had a crack at it before, it really is worth a try! It's so cool if you want to incorporate lots of journalling like I did for this layout.

The second layout I'm sharing with you today is also using a free-style kinda grid format and I've just used one of the squares to journal on this time. My layout is called "You put the Spring in my Step"...


The twine (looped like a spring) and flower's from Purple Pumpkin...


Isn't that flower lovely?! I jazzed up a chippie heart with ink and a pretty stamp from BasicGrey.

This layout was based on a sketch and palette from The Color Room. The sketch didn't actually have a grid though, I made my grid base first (inspired by the TCR photo with a grid picture of a pretty patterned paper collection) then I loosely used the sketch by Lydell over the top of this.

"Gettin' griddy wid it" is actually a fab way to use up your scraps too! Or, you know when you fall in love with a certain collection, it's a great way to showcase how lovely all the patterns look together - much like a patchwork quilt!

Well I hope you have enjoyed my share today. If you do some "griddy" work, I'd love to hear from you! Don't forget about this month's sketch challenge too - designed by me! I have been so impressed with all the entries so far... truly!

TFL!

Cheers,
Chantal :)

2 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

these are fabulous!!! SO fun and creative and cute.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thanks so much Raechelle! :D